Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the effect of the latest tax changes on individual…

Customer Question
What is the effect...

What is the effect of the latest tax changes on individual income taxes for individuals in the $60-70,000 range with no special deductins?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What is the effect of the latest tax changes on married $60-70 k income with no special deductiions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
11/18/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Assuming Single, standard deduction, gross income $60,000, all from wages.

Tax estimation under current law...

Std. Deduction:$6,350

Personal Exemptions:$4,050

Taxable Income $49,600

estimated income tax liability under current law $8,139

Under the proposed tax law...

Std. Deduction:$12.200

Personal Exemptions:elininated

Taxable Income $47,800

income tax liability 12% for taxable income up to $45,000 and 25% on the amount above $45,000
total tax liability $5400 + $700 = $6100
expected saving - ~$2000
Does that answer you question?