Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I applied for retirement benefits around 2 August of this

year.. When do I...
I applied for retirement benefits around 2 August of this year.. When do I get my first check?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: of course I went on line to apply; it seemed simple enough. I was asked when I became fully vested (August 2 . 2017). there was no fanfair or fireworks
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Just acknowledgement of my eligibility
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are referring to Social Security, it normally takes Social Security 3-4 months to process your application for benefits.

Payments are made depending on your birth date:

If your birth date falls on the 1st through the 10th, you will receive your payment on the second Wednesday of the month

If your birth date falls on the 11th through the 20th, you will receive your payment on the third Wednesday of the month

If your birth date falls on the 21st through the 31st, you will receive your payment on the fourth Wednesday of the month

The following are links to the 2017 and 2018 payment schedules:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2017.pdf

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2018.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

If I have answered your question, a positive 5-star rating will be appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you it know. I found our i had not finished my form. It is beyond me how the
Was not submitted .. after retry and going through the form it did get a letter of receipt and conformation

Thank you for letting me know. It's a good thing you were able to figure that out and resubmit your application.

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent