Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a 74 year woman and still working ,do I have pay taxes…

Customer Question
I am a 74...

I am a 74 year woman and still working ,do I have pay taxes on the money I earn

Accountant's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I file every year

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am receiving my Social security tax, they sent me a letter that says I should not pay Social tax

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
11/17/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 7 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you are still employed then the SS tax and Medicare is still applied to your wages. FICA taxes are due on wages paid for "services performed as an employee in the United States, regardless of the citizenship or residence of either the employee or the employer." In other words, ANYONE working as an employee in the U.S. must have Social Security and Medicare tax withheld from wages.

You may not have to pay any INCOME tax on your benefits when you file your return but that is different.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.