Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

IF I AM 74 AND ON SS DISABILITY,WITH MY LATE HUSBANDS SS, DO

Customer Question
I HAVE TO FILE. JA: The...
IF I AM 74 AND ON SS DISABILITY,WITH MY LATE HUSBANDS SS, DO I HAVE TO FILE.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I HAVE BEEN ON SS DISABILITY SINCE 2001, FORCED TO RETIRE BECAUSE OF THIS, I COLLECT MY LATE HUSBANDS SS SINCE HIS DEATH IN 1990, I WAS TOLD, AND HAVE NEVER GOTTEN FORMS TO FILE FOR TAXES.. TODAY I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO JAIL FOR TAX EVASION!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I AM TOTALLY AT A LOSS! I AM 74, I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
11/16/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If someone telling that you will be jailed because of not filing tax return - that is likely the person is not related to the IRS and just want to take your money - do not reply and do not provide any personal information!

If your ONLY in come is from social security benefits - NONE of these benefits are taxable and you are NOT required to file your tax return.

Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney