Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

IF I AM 74 AND ON SS DISABILITY,WITH MY LATE HUSBANDS SS, DO…

Customer Question
IF I AM 74...

IF I AM 74 AND ON SS DISABILITY,WITH MY LATE HUSBANDS SS, DO I HAVE TO FILE.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I HAVE BEEN ON SS DISABILITY SINCE 2001, FORCED TO RETIRE BECAUSE OF THIS, I COLLECT MY LATE HUSBANDS SS SINCE HIS DEATH IN 1990, I WAS TOLD, AND HAVE NEVER GOTTEN FORMS TO FILE FOR TAXES.. TODAY I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO JAIL FOR TAX EVASION!

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I AM TOTALLY AT A LOSS! I AM 74, I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
11/16/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If someone telling that you will be jailed because of not filing tax return - that is likely the person is not related to the IRS and just want to take your money - do not reply and do not provide any personal information!

If your ONLY in come is from social security benefits - NONE of these benefits are taxable and you are NOT required to file your tax return.

Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.