Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I JUST OPENED A CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE IN LA QUINTA CA. I HAVE…

Customer Question
I JUST OPENED A...

I JUST OPENED A CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE IN LA QUINTA CA. I HAVE TAX ID NUMBERS I AM USING AND NEED TO VERIFY THIS ONE 95-3860433. I HAVE BEEN USING MY SS####-##-####AND NEED TO KNOW HOW THE 95 NUMBER WOULD DIFFER FROM MY OWN SS#

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not yet.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/16/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

An EIN number is ***** to a business entity, while a social security number is ***** to an individual.

The only way you can verify your business EIN is to contact the IRS.

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An IRS representative will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it.

You should only be using one tax ID number for your business--either your social security number or the correct EIN.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions/concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent