Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On october 30th I mailed form dt individual to the IRS in…

On october 30th I...

On october 30th I mailed form dt individual to the IRS in Connecticut Certified mail showed it had been delivered on Nov 2 I have heard nothing

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My husband died on oct 2015 I then started a widow's pension from Barclays in the UK but I didn't realise until recently that I shouldn't have been paying PAYE on this pension as I have also been paying US income tax. On instructions of HMRC in the UK I filled in this form and submitted to the IRS. They should stamp and return to HMRC in the UK How can I find out if this procaess is happening?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Before my husband died he had not been paying tax in the UK but someone made a mistake and started to tax my widow's pension. I am owed 20,399.66 pounds sterling but am dependent on the IRS here stamping the form

11/16/2017
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I'm so sorry, but there are only two ways you can see where this is, in the process.

...

(1) Call the IRS individual line(###) ###-####/p>

...

(2) Go into a local field office. Here's a field office locator you can use by entering your zip code: IRS OFFICE LOCATOR

I recommend that you go into an office. You'll get more accountability there, and will not be left on the phone line for very long wait times.

...

You can use the office number for the closest office and call to make an appointment

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
in sedning the form to the iRS in Connecticut which is where my tax checks are sent to ,did I send it to the right place

This can be sent to any office, but it may be forwarded to the Philadelphia office that deals with residency issues.

...

I would highly recommend taking in the Dt-1 to a local field office. They MAY be able to stamp it there for you

i think that is what I will do thank you

Yes, that's certainly the best way to get some accountability. You're very welcome.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS