Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Second opinion] I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I mailed...

Second opinion] I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to bank. should I be concerned

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you want to know

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I mailed it the week before sept. 15th

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - if the check was not cleared - that should be your concern.
You will be able to proof the payment if you have a receipt.

Otherwise - you have no choice - but to stop payment on your check and make another payment.

To avoid such situations - you may use Direct Pay option.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

Let me know if you need any help.