Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to

Customer Question
Second opinion] I mailed a...
Second opinion] I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to bank. should I be concerned
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you want to know
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I mailed it the week before sept. 15th
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, on three continents, since 1986

...

Given the cutbacks in staff at IRS and the non-replacement of attrition, we DO see very long times for checks to clear these days. I just had a client report that hers took 5 weeks.

...

What you MIGHT consider doing is stopping payment on the check with your bank, and using one of the many electronic methods that are there today for paying (electronic check, credit card, debit card, etc).

...

See this: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/ways-to-pay-your-tax-bill

...

All of these have one thing in common (becasue of the way the IRS system works) you'll simply provide the tax year (say 2016) and the form (personal taxes would be form 1040) for the payment to apply.

...

But again, we HAVE been seeing times over one month.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS