Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I mailed...

Second opinion] I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to bank. should I be concerned

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you want to know

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I mailed it the week before sept. 15th

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Yes. I would be concerned since more than 2 months has gone by, even taking into consideration that the IRS is understaffed and overwhelmed.

I would call the IRS directly and find out if they received your check and if it was processed. The number is(###) ###-####

Did you enclose the estimated payment voucher with your check and/or include your social security number and a notation regarding estimated tax payment on your check?

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions/concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent