Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to…

I mailed a check...

I mailed a check to estimated taxes but it hasn't gone to bank. should I be concerned

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you want to know

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I mailed it the week before sept. 15th

I mailed a check for 4600.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have to leave shortly
11/15/2017
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

When you mail in your estimated tax payment you should include form 1040-ES.

The IRS does state to allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to appear in the payment history.

You are past the normal time required to process the payment, however the IRS online system to check the payment is currently down. This leaves you with the option of calling the IRS to review your account

It would be quicker to speak so if you would like a call please use the premium service feature

Here is a direct link to the IRS.Gov site to view your account, but as I mentioned the service is currently unavailable

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

To speak directly with the IRS you may call 1***-***-****.

I would be happy to discuss your other options

Given estimated tax totaled at the end of the year, you do have time to track the check and make any payments that maybe necessary before the end of the year.

If you would like to discuss your options please let me know.

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
ei did write 1040 estimated tax for 2017

Under "normal" circumstances the IRS may take up to three weeks to process and apply the payment to your account.

The length of time you have waited is not typical. However, there is not cause for concern if the check has not yet been deposit.

Since the IRS system to check your account balance is currently not available, you are left with the only option to call the IRS directly so an IRS representative can access your account.

If the check isn't cleared from your bank by the mid December, then you can place a "stop payment," on the check and then I advise to make the payment directly online.

You are able to make a payment directly online by clicking on the link below

https://www.irs.gov/payments