Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does a NY company have to have NJ residents complete a

Customer Question
Does a NY company...

Does a NY company have to have NJ residents complete a IT-2104 for NYS? Or should they complete a NJ State Tax withholding form?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The employee works for a company located in NY but the employee works in the NJ office of the company. The company is a non-profit.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will read over your inquiry, prep my response and get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I do not want to start a free trial... So, I am not clicking on it.

Yes, the Form IT-2104.1 is required to be completed by New Jersey residents working in New York for the proper allocation of withholding.

Note: Employees who claim they are not a resident of New York State, New York City, or Yonkers must certify they are not a resident and estimate the percentage of their wages and other compensation attributable to services in New York State or Yonkers. See Form IT-2104.1, New York State, City of New York, and City of Yonkers Certificate of Nonresidence and Allocation of Withholding Tax.

Refer to the form at the following link.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it2104_1_fill_in.pdf

------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

The offers that you see are automatically generated by the site. If not interested, just ignore them.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant