Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a terminally Ill cancer patient in hospice with home…

Customer Question
I am a terminally...

I am a terminally Ill cancer patient in hospice with home health care. During the aid 90 day eliminated nation period I am responsible for the charges. I applied for aid from a group I was familialr with . I was awarded the aid to cover the cost of around $6000. Does the IRS treat this as income? Do I have to show it only return?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/15/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 5 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

No, this would not be taxable to you nor are you required to report the amount you were granted to assist in the charge for your medical. 26 USC §102

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4