Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My sister made me the sole beneficiary of a $257,000 IRA.

Customer Question
My sister made me...

My sister made me the sole beneficiary of a $257,000 IRA. Because of a paperwork glitch the IRA has to be included as part of my sister's estate. We have a estate EIN. How much will the taxes be on $257,000?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The total estate value is $360000.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/14/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am prepping my response. I will get back to you shortly.

I take it that the IRA was cashed out. If this is the case, the $257,000 is taxable as ordinary income. If there is no other income and if filing status is single, the tax bracket for the $257,000 is 33%. You can refer to the following link for the tax bracket breakdown.

https://taxfoundation.org/2017-tax-brackets/

---------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant