Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I would like to set up a payment agreement for a church I do…

Customer Question
I would like to set...
I would like to set up a payment agreement for a church I do business with. The IRS site list 2 options. The 1st option is as an individual and the 2nd is individual as POA. Please help me understand which one I use and can I use my business bank account for the IRS to debit the monthly payments? My intent is to set up the agreement and later apply for abatement. Your feedback appreciated.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
added a copy of the letter from the IRS as reference
11/14/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for requesting me.

The IRS Online Payment Agreement tool lets you apply as an individual or a business.

Here's the link: https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application

You can use the business bank account for the payments.

Then immediately send in the request for First Time Penalty Abatement.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Thanks. The web site is confusing.; It has 2 different approaches. Can you provide step by step until it gets me to the payment agreement?

I can walk you through it via phone call. I'll make you an offer, and you can choose to accept or decline.

If you accept, let me know a convenient time to call you tomorrow.