Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING AS A PHYSICIAN IN NYS SINCE 1997 NOW…

Customer Question
I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING...

I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING AS A PHYSICIAN IN NYS SINCE 1997 NOW THE WANT ME TO ATTACH A COPY OF FEDERAL APPROVAL LETTER AS AN S CORP

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

MY TAX ID # IS###-##-####NYS STATE WANTS COPY OF THE FEDERAL APPROVAL LETTER AS AN S-CORP

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

THAT IS IT

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
11/13/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi My name's Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986.

Bear with me just a moment and I’ll provide my initial response and then we can go from there if you have further questions on this.

Here are the steps you must follow (I'm so sorry but this is your only option)

...

1. Call the IRS Business and Specialty Tax department at(###) ###-#### Tell the representative that you need a copy of your corporation's Form 2553.

...

2. Give the representative your company's name, address and Employee Identification Number, as well as your name and position within the company. She/he will verify the information.

...

3. Request to have the form sent by mail or fax. It can take up to 30 days to receive the document by mail, but a faxed copy will arrive within 24 hours.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane