Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a business in TX but I would like to receive all

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a business in TX but I would like to receive all correspondence from the IRS in FL, if form 8822-B it looks that I can specify 2 addresses - mailing address and business location, can I file form 8822-b with mailing address in FL and business location in TX?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The question is if I file form 8822-B this way, which address I should use when I file form 1120 and other IRS forms for my business?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/13/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 5 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

On the 1120 you use the address of the corporation's principal office or place of business. Include the suite, room, or other unit number after the street address.

Use the address of the corporate office or the location. If the corp office is in Fl then use that address (like you changed the address to on the 8822).

If this is an in care of situation then make sure you use "C/O" on the 1120.

It is not clear, the place of business in TX but I would like all IRS mailing to go to FL, can it be done? how?

Yes, you change the address for mailing to FL. Enter the old address that is on the records now then enter teh new address in FL. On the 1120 you use the new address

Ok, so this bring me for the reason for my question.
Currently I am paying unemployment tax in TX to the Texas Workforce Commission.
Once I file the 8822-B form and start using my FL address in the 1120, 940 and 941 forms, should I continue paying my unemployment tax in state of TX or start paying it in the state of FL?

If you are still doing business in TX then you continue to pay. That is just a change of address for the business end, the address for mailing. You are not abandoning the TX business location so it stays.

Did that clarify?

Just checking to see if you responded again or rated.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4