Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I inherited rental properties. I got an LLC set up using an…

Customer Question
I inherited rental properties. I...
I inherited rental properties. I got an LLC set up using an EIN number with a property management who no longet works for me.Can I remove their EIN number?
legalgems
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/11/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am prepping my response. I will get back to you shortly.

The EIN has been assigned to the LLC. If you plan to keep the LLC active, you can't just remove the EIN from the LLC. If there is an issue with the EIN, you may be able to request a different EIN.

-------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Can I get my own EIN and attach it to the LLC?

Yes, you can apply for your own EIN. There are several options to apply for the EIN. Refer to the link below for those options.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/how-to-apply-for-an-ein

---------------------------

I am hiring another man to work for me. What do I need to do in order to write his expenses off for taxes. What records?

Respectfully, ***** ***** question should have been asked under a different thread, it is not related to your initial inquiry regarding the EINs.

When I file my taxes will this other property management's EIN number cause me a problem filing my taxes?

Yes, there will be an issue. If you no longer want the properties to be under the EIN of the property management company, you will need to apply for your own EIN.

Ok, so I will apply for my own EIN number. So how does that work, do I get my EIN attached to the LLC? And How?

I provided you with the How to apply in one of my previous responses. Yes, you would request the EIN be attached to the LLC.

As there are a number of ways that you can apply for an EIN, refer to the following link for the How To.

What papers in general do I need to file my taxes? I just got divorced I have never done them, so what do I need to bring in to the tax person?

Respectfully, ***** ***** answered your initial question regarding the EIN, plus some, and you are transitioning into more questions not relevant to the initial inquiry and have not yet positively rated my response for your initial question. At this point, I am going to opt out, release the question back into the question queue so that someone can take it from here.

Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 5 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane. I am a different expert.

...

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, on three continents, since 1986

...

I'm going to attach a document that will give you a checklist for bringing in what you'll need. (see attached)

...

Please understand that the expert users aren't credited for the work unless you rate, using the stars ... AND that you need to ask new questions AS new questions on a new questionsthread

Hi - I’m Just checking back in. Did my answer help?Please let me know if you need moreLane
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS