Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Fred Rook
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
I have a house that I want to sell but instead I was leaning
Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, President
I have a house that I want to sell but instead I was leaning toward the buyout but it doesn't seem to be right. … read more
I am retired and living on ss & pension. Make 33000 year.
emc011075
emc011075, Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent
I am retired and living on ss & pension. Make 33000 year. Just sold our home and cleared 9000. Bought the house in 1996 and sold as a ugly home company. What would I owe the IRS. … read more
I am trying to apply for a Home equity loan to pay off an
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, President
I am trying to apply for a Home equity loan to pay off an IRS debt. My Loan to Value is very low but my debt to income ratio is fairly high. Where can I call with questions regarding how I need to go … read more
I sold my my house last year. The agreement was made with
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Tax Advisor
I sold my my house last year. The agreement was made with my xhusband that he would only receive 15000 out of the proceeds of the agreement of sale. This was because I put in the downpayment and any i… read more
How much Tax would I pay after selling my house and the total
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
How much Tax would I pay after selling my house and the total pay is 4700 from the realtor on a house that cost 110 grand.About 7 years paying not paid off.Payments about 1500 a month.… read more
Hello I have a very complex question, which in a perfect
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello ' I have a very complex question, which in a perfect world , I would like answered by an ex I.R.S. agent, but if you can help me , Great. I am in the middle of a very very bad divorce which has … read more
An energy company would like to lease the oil and gas underlying
Jon Andrews
Jon Andrews, CPA
An energy company would like to lease the oil and gas underlying our land in north central PA. This 5 year lease can be paid in two different ways. It can be paid as 1/5 of the total amount each year,… read more
If im selling my home but i have a lean that will be paid when
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
If im selling my home but i have a lean that will be paid when the house is sold . will i have to pay capital gains tax on the lean amount?… read more
I sold my house in IN but have been working in FL. I have had
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
I sold my house in IN but have been working in FL. I have had a homestead exemption on my IN home up until last year. My wife resides in IN several months a year. We moved into a new home in FL one ye… read more
I gave my ex a quit claim deed to one of the houses and she
Merlo
Merlo, Tax Consultant
I gave my ex a quit claim deed to one of the houses and she sign a quit claim deed so that the other house was mine. She promptly sold it and make a sizable profit. I recently found out that she did n… read more
My wife and I owned a rental house on 2 building lots. We
Lev
Lev, Retired
My wife and I owned a rental house on 2 building lots. We then tore the house down, formed an LLC, and then built a spec. house on one of the lots, and split off the other lot to keep. We had an inter… read more
My wife and I bought a house in Omaha, NE in March of 2007.
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Master Tax Advisor Enrolled Agent
My wife and I bought a house in Omaha, NE in March of 2007. Three days after we closed on the house we found evidence of the house being deemed unlivable by the city due to three dozen cats living fre… read more
Hello, My wife died in December, 2004. I was remarried
Lev
Lev, Retired
Hello, My wife died in December, 2004. I was remarried on September 30th, 2006. Both my wife and I had houses which were our primary residences and we both had mortgages. Her house was sold on January… read more
My mother owned a home in Louisville, Ky. She and my ...
RD
RD, Self Employed
My mother owned a home in Louisville, Ky. She and my father bought the home in 1956 for $9,500. My father died in 1981. She gifted the home to me about 3 years ago. My husband and I own our home in In… read more
Well I bought a second residence in may of 2004 and ...
Lev
Lev, Retired
Well I bought a second residence in may of 2004 and totally remodeled the second residence while living in the first. I then sold the first residence in august 2004. Now I'm getting divorced and have … read more
We recently sold our first home in the state of ...
Jon Andrews
Jon Andrews, CPA
We recently sold our first home in the state of Arizona.We originally took out a home equity loan in the amount of 50k, then once we sold the house, after the loan was paid off as well as realtor and … read more
We sold our son our house for 170,000 that was appraised
Jon Andrews
Jon Andrews, CPA
We sold our son our house for 170,000 that was appraised for 227,000.00. We gifted him the 57,000. I am having a hard time filling our form 709. Is the adjusted basis for the gift the amount we sold t… read more
I just got married. I owned a home. My wife owned a home. I ...
Jon Andrews
Jon Andrews, CPA
I just got married. I owned a home. My wife owned a home. I recently sold my home. I bought it for 103,000. I sold it for 115,000. By the time all fees were paid, I actually had to pay money out of my… read more