Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My questions is why can't i find a disability attorney if i…

Customer Question
My questions is why...

My questions is why can't i find a disability attorney if i am already getting social security benefits

Accountant's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As in what?

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know that first

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
11/10/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 5 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Disability attorneys are in the business of helping people GET disability claims through successfully.

...

Thats one thing

...

Another possibility is that your situation is not winable or doesn't present a way for the attorney to get paid.

...

If you 'll tell me more aout your situation, I can likely help you with a more specific answer.

...

let me know more

..

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, on three continents, since 1986

i am in federal level in trying to win my case without an attorney, a attorney told me today is that because i recieve benefits no one will take my case, i also have 2 rent houses
are there disability attorneys there

The reason is likely twofold.

...

Disability attorneys work on contingency. When a disability claim is finally approved there is typically a lump sum settlement retroactive to the date of disability.

...

The attorney is always paid first in these cases.

...

Likely little up front money to be made here

...

ANd again, getting a settlement lump sum and simply getting to KEEP your benefit is looked at very differently in the eyes of these folks.

This is a Q&A site, where we answer short questions about everything from finance to taxes to social security. No one here can actually take your case.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

Hi, Lane here.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If so, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

But if you need more on this please let me know

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS