Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Form 886-A Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Taxpayer has

Customer Question
Form 886-A Deductible Home Mortgage...
Form 886-A Deductible Home Mortgage Interest
Taxpayer has $1,000,000 in Grandfathered debt.
Line 9 Form 886-A - is this line amount after deducting the garandfathered debt
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
11/9/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986.

...

Since the purpose of Form 886A is to "explain" something, the IRS uses it for many various reasons. Most often, Form 886A is used to request information from you during an audit or explain proposed adjustments in an audit

...

Line 9 on your 886-A will not be the same as line 9 on others.

...

You'll need to let me see (please black out any personally identifying info) the form to know exactly what they're asking

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney