Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I entered my mortgage interest in the section marked

Customer Question
I entered my mortgage...

I entered my mortgage interest in the section marked mortgage.

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Once you enter interest in this section, you are not able To delete it.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

This is the only thing that I have found and is the only thing holding up my return,

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/9/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 9 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

If you imported Form 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement) from your lender, you may get the error Form 1098 (Lender Name) - Link to Home Mortgage Wks should be linked to applicable home mortgage interest worksheet.

...

You'll get this error message if you navigate away from the Import Summary screen without first clicking Done.

Clicking the Done button links the worksheet to the form, thereby preventing this error from being generated.

Solution

...

To resolve this error follow these steps:

1. Make sure your TurboTax software is up-to-date (if using the online version, skip to Step 2).
  2. Search for 1098 in TurboTax and click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. On the Home Loan Deduction Summary screen, click Delete to remove the imported mortgage statement.
  4. Answer Yes to confirm the deletion.
    • You'll end up back on the Home Loan Deduction Summary screen.