Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the rate of tax I will pay on the gain from the sale…

Customer Question
What is the rate...

What is the rate of tax I will pay on the gain from the sale of my house

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I anticipate the net sale price or $1,300,000, and an adjusted basis of $900,000. Haven't sold yet.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that my question is in anticipation of selling and all costs are included oil the above figures.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
11/7/2017
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 7 months ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good evening. Are you married? Or, do you own this home alone as a single person? Thanks.