Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

On my tax return I am asked to Allocate New York State

Customer Question
Adjustmentsof $320 I only resided...
On my tax return I am asked to Allocate New York State Adjustmentsof $320 I only resided in New York 8 months then moved to the USVI
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: thats it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
11/6/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The amount allocated to NY would be $213.33, which is $320 divided by 12 x 8 months you were a NY resident.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They said it must equal to $320

Is the $320 the NY adjustment amount? If so, that is the amount to use.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent