Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I want to be able to stop filing tax returns. What are my

options. I currently am 40...
I want to be able to stop filing tax returns. What are my options. I currently am 40 and live off an inheritance. I only make $8000 per year in interest income from a mortgage I hold. I live in Pennsylvania. What are my options to stop filing Fed and State. Can I move to a more tax friendly state? I will never make more that $8000 per year in income.Also I am doing my returns. Am I legally obligated to use itemized over standard deductions if the itemized deduction reduces my tax bill? I would prefer standard because it is less complicated to double-check my calculations. The money saved in taxes is not worth the complexity.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you are a PA resident, nonresident or a part-year PA resident, you must file a PA tax return if:

If the house you hold a mortgage on is in PA then moving will not change your filing requirement because the interest is PA sourced.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

You are most welcome

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4