Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need a copy of my 2015 federal income tax ( I need a copy…

I need a copy...

I need a copy of my 2015 federal income tax ( I need a copy of my federal income tax W2 form. How do I go about getting a copy?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I filed my taxes for 2015 and have a copy of a 1099-R but do not have to actual W2. Need copy to verify income for a home loan.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No. Just need to send copy of W2 to the lending institution.

10/30/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

You can obtain a copy of your 2015 W2 by requesting a copy of your Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS. You will need to request the transcript by phone because the online transcript tool is not available for use at this time. Call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and request the wage and income transcript for tax year 2015. The transcript will show all payee information that was reported to the IRS. Be prepared to be on hold for a long period of time.

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Called(###) ###-####was on hold for more than 30 minutes only to get disconnected before I could speak to a live person. The auto voice did direct me to the center to request wage and income transcript. I was asked to give my social security number and the numbers to my address. Not sure this info was sufficient to get what I need

Hello again. Sorry for the delayed response, I was away from the computer.

I did mention in my response to be prepared to be on hold for a long period of time. The IRS tends not to answer calls in a hurry. Yes, the information was requested (social security and numbers in address) is required to get to the area that you need to get to. It is likely that the system will ask for your AGI from a previously filed tax return as well (2014 or 2015). You should have this information ready when you call back.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant