Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I would like to know how to get my voluntary federal income…

I would like to...

I would like to know how to get my voluntary federal income amount changed to 0. I do not want any federal income to come out of my check

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to change my voluntary federal income tax withheld to 0

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Do you need my SS#? My federal amount withheld last year was $1,294.80 but I want to withhold $0

10/27/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are already receiving benefits or if you want to change or stop your withholding, you'll need a Form W-4V.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

Check Box 7 I want you to stop withholding federal income tax from my payment(s).

Sign and date the form and return it to your local Social Security office BY MAIL OR IN PERSON.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/taxwithold.html

If you need the address for your local Social Security office, let me know your city and state, and I will provide the information.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

I need to address to Evansville, In social security office. I do not know the zip code. Can you help me

Yes. Give me a moment.

Would you give me the address to Evansville, Indiana social security office. I do not know their zip code

Yes.

2300 N Green River Rd, Evansville, IN 47715

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Thank you so much and have a nice weekend

My pleasure.

Thank YOU for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent