Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a sole proprietor with no employees. I am not an LL C

or corporation. Can I...
I am a sole proprietor with no employees. I am not an LL C or corporation. Can I issue a 1099 to a sub contractor without affecting my status a a sole proprietor?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What else do you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
10/26/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Absolutely you can issue a 1099-MISC to a sub contractor. It will have no bearing on your sole prop business structure. SEE BELOW:

--------------------------------

The Internal Revenue Service requires business owners, including sole proprietors and self-employed taxpayers, to send IRS Form 1099-MISC to certain payees.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/sole-proprietor-send-out-1099s-18958.html

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant