Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does the california franchise tax board have any current or…

Customer Question
Does the california franchise...

Does the california franchise tax board have any current or upcoming amnesty programs for limited liability companies

Accountant's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

California

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. it was formed but no business was ever conducted

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
10/20/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

There was an amnesty program for 2017, however, you missed the amnesty period for this year. Currently, there is no information indicating that the FTB will offer this program or another amnesty program for TY 2018. SEE BELOW:

------------------------------

FTB & BOE Tax Penalty & Fee Waiver Amnesty Program

EFFECTIVE/OPERATIVE DATE The bill would be effective on January 1, 2017, and would specifically apply to tax liabilities for taxable years beginning before January 1, 2015. The Amnesty Program would be conducted during a three-month period beginning February 1, 2017, to April 30, 2017, inclusive, or during a timeframe ending no later than June 30, 2017.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/law/legis/15_16bills/ab2692_021916.pdf

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant