Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Non profit in California cannabis do we need resellers

permit first time sale next...
non profit in California cannabis do we need resellers permit first time sale next month
and what percentage taxes?
10/19/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The November 8, 2016 passage of Proposition 64 (The Control, Regulate and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act) exempts certain sales of medical marijuana from sales and use tax.

Exempted products include medical cannabis, medical cannabis concentrate, edible medical cannabis products, and topical cannabis. These terms are defined in Business and Professions Code section 19300.5.

Sales of recreational marijuana will not start until January 1, 2018. Such sales will be subject to sales tax and an excise tax. A cultivator tax will also apply to marijuana beginning on that date.

My points of reference are:

https://www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/173.pdf

https://www.boe.ca.gov/news/2016/92-16-G.htm

CA's current sales tax rate is 7.25%.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As a go between (middleman)from grow site to dispensary do I have to abide with 280E rules

Just Answer rules require questions on different topics to be posted separately. Your original question pertained to sales tax in CA.

Your most recent question deals with IRS 280E.

The price point of your question is below the information you are seeking.

As a courtesy, to answer your most recent question as to 280E, there is the issue of medical vs. recreational marijuana.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
medial this year rec next I

At this point, please take a moment to rate my answer to your first question.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent