Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was receiving disability payments. I just received a

letter stating that my work...
I was receiving disability payments. I just received a letter stating that my work ticket was cancelled and I would no longer receive disability payments. My question is I'm over 65 and will be 66in November. do I have to apply for regular social security benefits or will they just roll over to regular social security payments. I was eligible a year ago.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: none I was disabled with sarcoidosis and my Md took me off work.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
10/17/2017
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you were continue to be disabled - your disability benefits woudl be automatically converted into retirement benefits when you reach your FRA - full retirement age.

Your FRA is 66.

However - if the SSA will no longer consider you as a disabled BEFORE reaching your FRA - your disability benefits will stop.

Most likely - the SSA just informing you about changes you can expect when you will be at your FRA - and you will continue to receive the SAME amount but these will be your regular retirement benefits and no additional application is needed.

Full retirement age is the age at which a person may first become entitled to full or unreduced retirement benefits.

That actually means - your earning are no longer limited and will NOT affect your benefits.

Does that mean I will Have lag time in receiving benefits? I am still disabled.
I would rather you type your answers.

The law defines disability as the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA) by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment(s) which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.

As long as you are considered disabled - you will continue to receive disability benefits - and these benefits will be automatically converted into retirement benefits in November when you reach your FRA.

So far - there should not be any gap in benefits and nothing you need to do.

The SSA just informing you that your Ticket to Work program is cancelled because of that coming conversion.

Your earning will not be limited anymore and you will not be required to report your working activities as it was under the program.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jon Sinkovic address find him
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He resides somewhere in central ca near saliva ca
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Need address I have vital info to pass on to him regarding his family

Check if any of following information may be related to that person

https://www.instantcheckmate.com/people/jon-sinkovic/

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor