Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question regarding the ordinary income tax. If the

Hello, I have a question...
Hello, I have a question regarding the ordinary income tax. If the ordinary income tax due is negative does that apply anywhere? This pertains to the sale of an S corp .business.
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: if the ordinary income is negative then the federal tax will be negative.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: No.
10/16/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If the ordinary income is negative (or a loss) then the tax would be $0 but not less than $0. Tax liability is not reported as a loss it doe s not get reported as less than $0.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4