Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question regarding the ordinary income tax. If the…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question regarding the ordinary income tax. If the ordinary income tax due is negative does that apply anywhere? This pertains to the sale of an S corp .business.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

If the ordinary income is negative then the federal tax will be negative.

10/16/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If the ordinary income is negative (or a loss) then the tax would be $0 but not less than $0. Tax liability is not reported as a loss it doe s not get reported as less than $0.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Thank you!

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.