Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Tax question I have been under an Installment Tax Agreement…

Customer Question
Tax questionI have been under...
Tax questionI have been under an Installment Tax Agreement with the IRS for the past three years for $580.00 per month or $6,960.00 in years 2015 and 2016The installment payment covers prior tax years 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012.Is any or all of this payment deductible in the current year/ year it was actually paid? If so , how would I enter it on my return?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 9 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, federal income tax payments are NOT deductible on your tax return.

I wish I had better news for you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.