Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Form 3520- Received a bequest from a foreign Estate. Besides…

Form 3520- Received...

Form 3520- Received a bequest from a foreign Estate. Besides my personal info, what other info, if any, goes on page 1

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What else do you need to know

10/12/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

After you complete the personal info on page one you want to focus on Part IV. This part affects US persons who receive a foreign inheritance.

My specific question. Outside of ticking the appropriate boxes and completing lines 1a-k, does any other info go on the first page. In essence is there anywhere that the foreign estate must be identified

No it is listed on the last page.

Since this is a bequest, not a gift, where would you put the name of the foreign estate

You can include it in col B under Part IV. "Estate of XXX " then list Cash or property

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4