Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a installment agreement to pay FICA taxes that I

I have a installment...

I have a installment agreement to pay FICA taxes that I could not pay in past years from employee with holdings. Can I deduct the tax portion paid on the installment agreement, since it wasn't deducted in the year it wasn't paid

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Like?

10/9/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for using this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Q: Can I deduct the tax portion paid on the installment agreement, since it wasn't deducted in the year it wasn't paid

A: In brief, the answer is no. SEE BELOW:

----------------------------

Are Payroll Taxes Deductible?

If you have employees, your business portion of payroll taxes is deductible to you. This does not include amounts withheld from employee pay for FICA tax (Social Security and Medicare tax).

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.thebalance.com/what-business-tax-costs-can-be-deducted-398968

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

That is my question, if FICA tax is deductible (buisness portion) and I am paying the tax now in a installment agreement, it was never deducted in year due
R u there

Hello again. If the business portion of the taxes were never deducted, then they can be deducted in the year they are paid. The following statement is what made me think it was the withholding portion that you were referring to.

------------------------

"I could not pay in past years from employee with holdings"

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant