Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have no idea which # of allowances to claim for federal…

Customer Question
Hi... I have no...

Hi... I have no idea which # of allowances to claim for federal and NY state taxes, and I don't know if I should file as Head of Household or Married Filing Jointly

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I was formerly a non-resident alien so I wasn't able to claim allowances for the past 2 years. My status has changed, so I need to make a decision as to how to file I also got married last November my wife doesn't work I live in NYC

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

No, I think that's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. You would need to file as married (either jointly or separately). How many dependents do you have?

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor