Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I HAD A HEATING AND COOLING BUSINESS IN 1994 AND VICTUMES OF…

Customer Question
I HAD A HEATING...

I HAD A HEATING AND COOLING BUSINESS IN 1994 AND VICTUMES OF CRIMES DECLARED FRAUD AGINST MY SUPPLIES CAN I STILL CLAIM A LOSS NOW?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

THE SUPPLIERS WERE USING CREDITS ADD VERSLY TO STEAL PLUS MINIMORE CRIMES

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

THIS WAS 30 SOME YEARS AGO AND I WAS DRUGGED AT THE TIME AND ON DISABILITY AND THE COMPLANITS ARE ALL SO IN THE FAMILIES NAMES, THEY WERE OFFENDED AS WELL.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
10/6/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 8 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

In brief, the answer is no. Unfortunately the time period for claiming losses has long since expired. SEE BELOW:

-------------------------------

Casualty losses are generally deductible in the year the casualty occurred. For theft losses, the year the theft is discovered within a certain number of years. For more detailed information on claiming losses, you can refer to the following webpage:

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc500/tc515

If the information provided clarifies matters for you, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated.

IS THERE A FORM TO CLAIM NON FILERS STAUST ON AMERICAN FEDERAUL AND STATE RETURNS (WISCONSIN)

Hello again.

For the IRS, the document is referred to as the IRS Verification of non-filing letter. You can get this letter in two ways, either online or by mail. To get the letter online, go to the following webpage and do the following:

----------------------------------

Link to webpage:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

• Click “Get Transcript ONLINE” (If at any point, you cannot validate your identity – for example, you cannot provide financial verification information or you lack access to a mobile phone – you may use Get Transcript by MAIL, see below)
  • Enter the non filer’s Social Security Number, email address, filing status, account numbers for loan or credit card associated with your name, and mobile phone associated with your name.
  • Click “Continue”
  • Select "Verification of Non-filing Letter " and in the Tax Year field, select "2015".
  • If successfully validated, you will be able to view your IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter

If you do not wish to online system, to get the letter by mail, complete the Form 4506-T and do the following:

Link to Form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

----------------------------------

• Complete lines 1 – 4, following the instructions on page 2 of the form.
  • Line 3: enter the non filer's street address and zip or postal code. Use the address currently on file with the IRS. (Problems entering your street address?)
  • Line 5 provides non filers with the option to have their IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter mailed directly to a third party by the IRS. Do not have your IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter sent directly to Marquette.
  • Line 6: Enter tax form number 1040.
  • Line 7: Select the checkbox on the right hand side for Verification of Nonfiling.
  • Line 9: Year or period requested field, enter "12/31/2015".
  • The non filer must sign and date the form and enter their telephone number. Only one signature is required when requesting a joint IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter.
  • Mail or fax the completed IRS Form 4506-T to the address (or FAX number) provided on page 2 of Form 4506-T.
  • If the 4506-T information is successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter at the address provided on their request within 5 to 10 days.

I will check to see if the state of Wisconsin has such a letter and get back with you shortly.

The state of Wisconsin does not have such a letter. Please remember to take the time to positively rate my response. Thank you in advance.