Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I doing a tax admendment for both 1015 and 2015, I am adding…

Customer Question
I doing a tax...

I doing a tax admendment for both 1015 and 2015, I am adding mileage to my medical and dental on my itemized. I already reached the quota for both but I had an accidnet and they did not pay for the medical mileage. I did form 1040x for both years and redid my idtemized decutions. Is there anything else I need to send?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I reached the necessary number for both years due to long term care, braces one year and hearing aids the other, I go to the chiropractor every month and body massage. These are extra expenses to add on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
10/6/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. For your amended returns you would want to include the original 1040 and schedule A. You would write "As Originally Filed" on each page. You would also include an amended 1040 and Schedule A. You would write "As Amended" on each page. Finally, you would include Form 1040X with a description of the changes.

I read online that I did not have to send the 1040 and schedule A? Are they wrong?

Yes, that is not correct. You need to send in the amended 1040.