Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Filing my tax returns - did not receive a 1099 from aetna?

Customer Question
but i see it was...
filing my tax returns - did not receive a 1099 from aetna? but i see it was put on return the last two years ( I've moved) don't even know what this is for but act asking for it
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: i do not know act number or anything else just what was on previous tx return but last act didn't know
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
10/6/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Regarding the 1099, were you supposed to receive one? If not, if you are using the same tax software that you used last year, it is carrying forward certain information from last year. Example, if you rec'd a 1099 last year from a certain payer (Aetna), the tax software carry forwards the information of the payer thinking that you still receive payments from that payer. If you were not supposed to receive a Form 1099 from Aetna for tax year 2016, simply delete the 1099 form in the tax software.

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Additional information:

As you are not certain if you were supposed to receive a 1099 or not, my suggestion would be to request your Wage and Income Transcript online from the IRS for free for tax year 2016. On it, if you see 1099 information from Aetna, then you need to enter that information in the tax software. On the other hand, if there is no 1099 information from Aetna showing on the transcript, you're good. You can just delete the 1099 in the tax software and continue prepping your return. To request the Wage and Income Transcript, go to following webpage and click on the blue button titled Get Transcripts Online.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant