Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a tax client that is 19 years old full time college…

Customer Question
I have a tax...

I have a tax client that is 19 years old full time college student. His grandfather gave him $5000.00 this year from his corporate business. He was issued a 1099 for that amount listed in box 3. Is this money subject to the kiddie tax. His father claims him as a dependent.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

That is all the information I have

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
10/6/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. If the income is unearned income it would be subject to the kiddie tax. If the income is subject to SE Taxes then it is not subject to the Kiddie Tax.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney