Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How to register new jersey business in new york

Customer Question
how to register new jersey business in new york
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
10/6/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 8 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

The NY Business Corporation Law provides that a foreign corporation (a corporation formed in a state other than NY) may not do business in New York until it is authorized to do so by the New York State Department of State (DOS).

A foreign corporation that is authorized in New York State may do any kind of business a domestic corporation may lawfully do, provided the foreign corporation is authorized to do the business in the state or country where it is incorporated. Once a foreign corporation is authorized by DOS, its name is ***** ***** the corporation may use New York State courts.

Foreign corporations that have never done business in New York State must give DOS:

Foreign corporations currently or previously doing business in New York State must obtain the tax commissioner's consent that all tax returns due are filed and all taxes due are paid before applying for authority. To obtain this consent, call the New York State Tax Department Call Center at(###) ###-#### Send the consent to DOS with your application and filing fee.

A foreign limited liability company may apply for authority to do business in the State of New York by filing an Application for Authority pursuant to Section 802 of the New York State Limited Liability Company Law. Attached to the Application for Authority must be a Certificate of Existence from the official who files and maintains limited liability company records in the jurisdiction of the limited liability company. (Please Note: This official is generally the Secretary of State, and many jurisdictions refer to the Certificate of Existence as a Certificate of Good Standing.) The Certificate of Existence must be dated within one year.

Thank you for your question.

Please let me know if you do have any further questions.

A rating of 5 stars is greatly appreciated.

Hello Chad,thank you for your answer but I still have some doubts.
Regarding on how to fill the form:
SECOND: the jurisdiction would be the State? The date is the date when the corporation was opened?
THIRD: The county could be for instance New your City or would it be Manhattan?
FOURTH: The address should be the original address of our LLC in NJ?
FITTH: Since we do not intend to have one physical office in NY, I beilieve the option is the second (No office is required...) and therefore the principal office of the foreign limeted liability company should be our address in NJ right?
SEVENTH: Who is the authorized officer?
Payment: should it be done in check?
Finally, where exactly must this form together with documentation required be sent? Should it be sent by mail?
Thank you so much!
best
Renata
Regarding on how to fill the form:
SEVENTH: Who is the authorized officer?
Payment: should it be done in check?
Thank you so much!
best
Renata