Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filled out our 941 wrong. i just put the numbers in the…

Customer Question
I filled out our...

I filled out our 941 wrong. i just put the numbers in the wrong lines. we pay monthly. all is paid right but the 941 i put numbers in the old lines numbers like in 2016.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

It is the first two quarters that are wrong. i put number in line 11 when it should have been line 12.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
10/5/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

As the payment amount is correct, you do not need to complete a Form 941X (amended return), what you can do instead is call the Call the IRS Business and Specialty Tax Line at 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** (TDD/TTY for persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability) Monday–Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and let them know that the numbers are on the wrong lines.

-----------------------------

However, if your only errors on Form 941 relate to the number of employees who received wages or to federal tax liabilities reported on Form 941, Part 2, or on Schedule B (Form 941), Report of Tax Liability for Semiweekly Schedule Depositors, don’t file Form 941-X.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i941x.pdf

Form 941 instructions (Page 3)

Even though the referenced material only mention Part 2 of the form, as you put the wrong amounts on the two lines, I think a phone call will take care of that.

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I need to leave the computer for half hour or so. If you require further assistance, I will respond to you upon my return to the computer. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant