Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a client who purchased 3 buildings with 3 different…

Customer Question
I have a client who...
I have a client who purchased 3 buildings with 3 different folio. Now he is going to demolish the 3 buildings and just construct one with one folio number. How should i do the bookkeeping for this process. Now i have 3 commercial asset sitting in my balance sheet , eventually i need to get rid of them and only one will stay. How do i do the bookkeeping of the before and after transactions.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
10/5/2017
Tax Professional: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

This question probably belongs in the Tax category, because accountants cannot answer questions in the Legal categories. I'll ask customer service to move the question.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer I can assist since the first expert can not.

The amount paid and demolition should be capitalized as part of the new building.

Once demolished, simply credit each building and land and credit construction in progress.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer

Hi again.Customerhere.

Do you need anything additional/ If not, please take a moment to rate my response.

The site keeps questions open until they are rated, so your feedback, up to five stars, will be appreciated and is needed to take your question from the open list. Thank you.

Customer/p>
PDtax
PDtax