Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

HOW DO I CORRECT A DEPENDENT SSN # ON A PREVIOUSLY FILED…

Customer Question
HOW DO I CORRECT...

HOW DO I CORRECT A DEPENDENT SSN # ON A PREVIOUSLY FILED RETURN?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

INCORRECT SSN # FOR A DEPENDENT WAS ENTERED ON A 2015 RETURN

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Did you receive a notice on the return. The easiest way to correct the error is to contact the IRS. The representative will ask you to verify information associated with the return and the dependent.

The telephone number is(###) ###-####/p>

received notice for 2014, but would like to correct information before receiving a notice for 2015

If you call the IRS, the representative should be able to correct the Social Security number over the phone. They will ask additional questions relating to the dependent (date of birth).

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor