Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I get my tax return from 2016. Hp. No I just need a…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get my tax return from 2016

Accountant's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Hp

Accountant's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need a copy of my state and federal tax return from 2016

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
10/3/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

If you prepared the return yourself, you can get a copy from the tax software that you used. If a tax prep business or a tax professional prepared the return for you, you can request a copy of the return from them. If neither of these options work for you, you can request a federal tax return transcript online. As for the state, you will need to contact them and ask how you can get a copy of the return. It does not show here what state you are in, therefore I am unable to let you know what your state procedures are for obtaining a copy of the return transcript. Following is the link to request the transcript online for free.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant