Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I had an EIN in Colorado some ten yrs ago. I don't know if…

Customer Question
I had an EIN...

I had an EIN in Colorado some ten yrs ago. I don't know if all my corps were disolved. Where do I start?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My name is***** and my DOB is 3-28-60

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I created a new LLC today in NM. I tried to get an EIN and it said there was a problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
10/2/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

An EIN is issued by the IRS, not any state. The EIN belongs to the entity forever, whether active or not.

As to your corporations, if they were formed in Colorado, you can check their status at the following link:

https://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessFunctions.do

What was the message when you applied for an EIN today?

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent