How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2453
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I asked for an Federal Income Tax extension to 10/16/17 and

This answer was rated:

I asked for an Federal Income Tax extension to 10/16/17 and I paid taxes due. This was for 2016. Am I able to extend it further?

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Unfortunately, you are not able to extend the deadline any further. If you file the return past the extension deadline then any unpaid taxes would be subject to interest in penalties.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could send it later? I paid the taxes I think I owed.

If there are no taxes owed there would not be any consequences. If you owe you would be subject to a late filing penalty. What information are you waiting on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just taking time to add up all the deductions for my business and do not understand affordable health insurance instructions. I may hire some one to do it. I or my husband have always done it but he died in March.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did file for an extension on April and sent money.

I am sorry for your loss. They did not make the Affordable Health Care forms user friendly. I can understand the confusion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The Affordable Forms are very confusing and I think I did it wrong the prior year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are good instructions for the Affordable Form?

What form are you trying to complete? Where are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mark Taylor and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to research. I just set everything aside in April on that project and will have to restart it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you did make a mistake last year you would still have time to amend the return to correct it (if necessary).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They corrected it and sent less refund for 2015.

I see, then an amended return would not be necessary.