Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I asked for an Federal Income Tax extension to 10/16/17 and

I asked for an Federal Income Tax extension to 10/16/17 and I paid taxes due. This was for 2016. Am I able to extend it further?

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Unfortunately, you are not able to extend the deadline any further. If you file the return past the extension deadline then any unpaid taxes would be subject to interest in penalties.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could send it later? I paid the taxes I think I owed.

If there are no taxes owed there would not be any consequences. If you owe you would be subject to a late filing penalty. What information are you waiting on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just taking time to add up all the deductions for my business and do not understand affordable health insurance instructions. I may hire some one to do it. I or my husband have always done it but he died in March.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did file for an extension on April and sent money.

I am sorry for your loss. They did not make the Affordable Health Care forms user friendly. I can understand the confusion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The Affordable Forms are very confusing and I think I did it wrong the prior year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are good instructions for the Affordable Form?

What form are you trying to complete? Where are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Texas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to research. I just set everything aside in April on that project and will have to restart it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

If you did make a mistake last year you would still have time to amend the return to correct it (if necessary).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They corrected it and sent less refund for 2015.

I see, then an amended return would not be necessary.