Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Adjusted individual tax return for 2014(Iowa),says no

Customer Question
response to letter of inquiry,disallowed...
Adjusted individual tax return for 2014(Iowa),says no response to letter of inquiry,disallowed health insurance. deduction.says my wife and I owe$600.00.she called # and was told to show proof of insurance. during 2014.ive had one.since I was 17. I'm now 55.do you know of anyone else having this issue and does it sound legit to you? Thank you
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My wife called ins. co last week.they have already sent her proof of insurance.i just called today and the are sending mine.i have a notice of assessment in front of me.tried calling but there are 50+ in line.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/2/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

There should be an address to respond to on the letter. I would send copy of the proof, via certified mail, to that address WITH a copy of the letter as well, with cover letter saying the following:

...

Please find a copy of your request dated XX/XX/XXXX and proof of insurance for both me and my wife, as PER your request.

...

Again, be sure to send via certified mail. OR use private delivery service such as FedEx or UPS.

These private delivery services include only the following:

DHL Express:

1. DHL Express 9:00

2. DHL Express 10:30

3. DHL Express 12:00

4. DHL Express Worldwide

5. DHL Express Envelope

6. DHL Import Express 10:30

7. DHL Import Express 12:00

8. DHL Import Express Worldwide

FedEx:

1. FedEx First Overnight

2. FedEx Priority Overnight

3. FedEx Standard Overnight

4. FedEx 2 Day

5. FedEx International Next Flight Out

6. FedEx International Priority

7. FedEx International First

8. FedEx International Economy

UPS:

1. UPS Next Day Air Early AM

2. UPS Next Day Air

3. UPS Next Day Air Saver

4. UPS 2nd Day Air

5. UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.

6. UPS Worldwide Express Plus

7. UPS Worldwide Express.

...

Austin - Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center3651 S IH35,Austin TX 78741Cincinnati - Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center 201 West Rivercenter Blvd.,Covington, KY 41011Fresno - Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center5045 East Butler Avenue,Fresno, CA 93727Kansas City - Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center333 W. Pershing,Kansas City, MO 64108Ogden - Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center1973 Rulon White Blvd.Ogden, UT 84201
I am well aware that there is an address and a phone# ***** I can call however there was a waiting list of 50+ people.i did not think I would have to pay $40.00+ for someone to tell me this.thats why I requested a phone conversation not a typing class.
Another $52 to talk on phone?wait a minute let me go get a hammer and smack myself in the head.thanks for the effort in answering my question though

OK ... first of all, those phone call offers come from the site automatically. I DID NOT do that (and wouldn't have HERE, becasue this just IS what it IS - nothing to talk about)

...

And not unrelated to that, I gave you a thorough and accurate answer. ... telling you WHAT you SHOULD do, so as to have the documentation needed to prove that you provided proof.

...

I bill out to clients at 150/hr for phone consultations (250/hr for written deliverables). HAD this been something that needed a call, the $52 would be very good value for someone with my credentials.

...

There IS one other option though (would have gotten to that if you'd come back and continued the dialogue yesterday afternoon)... You can also walk into a local IRS Service center to show the documentation and they'll stamp it as received.

...

Here's the IRS LOCAL OFFICE LOCATOR, where you can look up a service center by zip code.

...

But again, this one it is what it is, (1) Curl up with a good book and wait, (2) send in written documentation with a paper trail of delivery, or go to a service center.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

The stars are located at the top of the page, but if you are on a mobile device (like a tablet or a phone), you may have to scroll left or right to see them and click on them to leave a positive rating. Thank you!

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS