Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have some questions related to the limitations on the

Customer Question
I have some questions...

I have some questions related to the limitations on the mortgage interest deduction on Schedule A.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

I refinanced my home mortgage and took a $1,300,000 new loan.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
10/2/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 8 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be able to answer your question today

What is your specific question? Additionally, I have placed a few notes below for you to review

The maximum mortgage amount you can claim interest on is $1,000,000 on first or second homes.

Further, the mortgage interest deduction is phased out as part of the phase-out of itemized deductions, which starts when your Adjusted Gross Income exceeds $311,300if married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er), $285,350 if head of household, $259,400 if single, or $155,650 if married filing separately.

If you have any further questions please let me know. If you have NO further questions please take a moment to accept the answer so I may be compensated for my work.

Thank you!

Do you have any additional questions?

If not please take a moment to accept the answer so I may be compensated for my answer.

Thank you!