Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How can i get information about whether or not fica or

Customer Question
How can i get...

How can i get information about whether or not fica or wihtolding taxwes were taken out for 2009 and 2010

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Recently, i was told that an overpayment took place with unemployment benefits i wasnt working at that time and i was told that the company that i was employed by said that i was working so how do i find out whether taxes were really taken out

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

The years were 2009 and 2010

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
10/2/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

HI, MY NAME’S LANE - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986.

...

You can go at this in two ways (I would do both to be sure things reconcile)

...

(1) You can get a wage and income transcript here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript (In the "type of transcript" section be sure to ask for a "wage and income" transcript.

...

If there were wages paid OR self-employment income (both would require that Social Security and Medicare taxes be paid-in) you'll see it there for those years. The wage and income transcript (different from other types of transcripts) go back 10 years.

...

(2) You can go here: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY to set up (if you haven't) your online Social Security account where you can view your earnings record.

...

If you would like to receive your Social Security Statement by mail, please print and complete a "Request For Social Security Statement" (Form SSA-7004) and mail it to the address provided on the form.

You should receive your paper Social Security Statement in the mail in four to six weeks.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS