Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Would like to know the lady working in my house is working…

Customer Question
Please my name is...

Please my name is ***** ***** like to know the lady working in my house is working there since January 2017 and I never paid her UIF can I rectify and pay the full amount now?

Accountant's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mpumalanga, Delmas

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No because I did not know how it works

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because your domestic worker started working in January of the current year, you can pay the full amount that is due now.

http://www.payroll4sa.co.za/domestic-workers-uif/

http://www.labourguide.co.za/uif/909-employers-guide-to-uif

If you are not already registered, you will want to do so as soon as possible and pay the full amount that is due. Once the past due amount is paid, you can then start paying UIF every month.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.